11 September 2007

And So I Return

I have mended my life and put it back together in a new and beautiful form. I have just returned from my second trip to study with Natalie Goldberg at the Mabel Dodge Luhan House. Above is a class photo (for more pictures check out: www.tootallmoul.com). It was an experience that has helped re-shape the direction of my writing. I have a renewed focus and know what I will write about. I have moved to Portland where there is a plethora of opportunity in the literary world. Tonight, for example, I will listen to Sherman Alexie speak. (Read...The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven). In a couple of weeks Alice Walker will be speaking down the road from my new apartment and you can be sure I will attend. I have a new and wonderful job at Portland State University where I will be able to work a full-time, regular schedule, leaving me room for writing practice and literary events in the evenings. I plan to start a writing practice group as well as a wiccan group here in Portland. I feel renewed and energetic. Ready to direct my energy into work that is fulfilling, creative and beneficial to all beings. And so, with a new home, new partner to share it with and a city filled with literary opportunity I return to a new blog with the idea to keep all my friends and family updated to my goings-on.

9 comments:

Julia said...

Let me be the first to comment...so happy you are doing your own blog Melissa! You sound so clear, so focused, so sure of yourself. My heart was touched reading your first entry, seeing sacred Taos Mountain and all of us at Mabel Dodge. I think of you often and miss your sweetness. Much love and luck to you on your new journey.

Mary said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging. I am so happy for you as you start his new chapter in your life. I'll be reading!!

Kathi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathi said...

Hi Mel! I love your blog and I really enjoyed all the GORGEOUS photos of Taos! WoW! I just finished Natalie's book, The Great Failure. What a gift. Thank you so very much. Hope to see you this weekend in Portland and celebrate your new, glorious life!
Love,
Kathi-Shakti

Live Through the Lens said...

hey mel--- you've been on my mind all summer. i am anxious to hear more about the workshop and the life changes. all of it sounds so good!!

xo judy

Bobbi said...

Hi Mel,

Last night was fantastic and I am looking forward to attending many more literary events together! Check out http://www.wordstockfestival.com/
and save at least one of the days.

KevinSMoul said...

Melissa,

Keep the pen moving (or at least the fingers tapping). Your bold voice resonates through the writing sangha and beyond.

Wow great photos (ha ha)

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,

I am so delighted to hear you are happy and moving forward. Thanks for keeping in touch with us from the support group - Mike and I continue to meet and often wondered about the good people we shared a difficult time in our lives with. Blessings to you, and all the best with your writing.

Rosalie

Reishena said...

Hi Mel.

Sounds like you are settling in well in PDX. Keep in touch and let me know when the two of you are in town. Would love to hang with the gang again. Say hi to Andy and take care.